Our eager children have a real thirst for learning and our excellent staff team are committed and dedicated in ensuring that each and every child achieves. We have high standards and expect the best.
Welcome to Budapest British International Academy.
Every school has a unique atmosphere, either by design or accident. We intend to create ours by design. Our pupils will be following the English National Curriculum; additionally, we will ensure that they develop a global outlook on the world and enjoy a culturally rich education. We recognise that the hidden curriculum is important as the formal curriculum.
We are determined that BBIA will offer world class learning. We are taking, as our inspiration, the findings of a recent OFSTED publication, which suggested that outstanding schools have the following characteristics in common:
* A compelling and inclusive moral purpose
* Instilling a strong global dimension into the learning experiences of all pupils
* A capacity to engage with a range of school partners across the world.
* Success against the most stretched of benchmarks nationally and internationally
*A culture of innovation and creativity
* Enquiry minded and research engaged
* Inspirational leadership
* Exceptionality of teaching practice and quality
* Remarkable achievements and striking impact
* A passion for excellence.
As Robert Browning wrote, ‘A man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for’. We recognise that these are extremely demanding characteristics, but we believe that we will quickly develop the capacity to achieve them.
I’m looking forward to working together with you and your child this year and many years to come.